Free School Meals
Did you know that when your child receives a free school meal we also receive additional funding?
If you think you may be entitled, then please apply.
Pupils who are in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, any of the following benefits are entitled to FSM:
- Universal Credit – provided they have an annual income of less than £7,400
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit – if the applicant is not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and has an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Tax Credit run-on – this is paid for four weeks after someone stops qualifying for Working Tax Credit
As earnings can fluctuate from month to month, applicants who are in receipt of Universal Credit will have their earnings assessed over a period lasting up to three months – only complete assessment periods will be checked.
The application process is easy:
Apply by Phone: 01772 531 809
Apply Online HERE
Apply by post:Download the application form from the link above and return it to:
Area Education Office
Joint Divisional Offices
More information can be found HERE